|Eastern Shelburne County
|Where To Find Us
414 Woodlawn Dr
Shelburne, NS B0T 1W0
|Clyde River ; Eastern Shelburne County ; Lockeport ; Welshtown
Description & Services
The Municipality of the District of Shelburne Recreation & Parks Department shall work to ensure that recreation opportunities exist for all members of the community by providing programs and services which will enable individuals and community groups to help themselves.
What we can offer you!
The Municipality of Shelburne Recreation & Parks Department offers a variety of direct programming and is a partner with a number of special interest groups throughout the year. These programs take place in a variety of community and school facilities in the area.
Each summer during the months of July and August we offer a full program of activities.
- Day Camps
- Sports Camps
- Red Cross Swim Lessons at Welkum Park on Welshtown Lake and at Lockeport Cottages & Campground, Lydgate.
- Special Events
- Youth Leadership Development
The Municipality of Shelburne recognizes the strengths and diversity of the many communities located within its Municipal boundaries. The Recreation & Parks Department provides assistance in a number of ways to emerging, new, and existing community associations to meet the interests and needs of their members.
We work with individuals and groups with a recreation, sport, physical activity, and/ or cultural focus assisting them to achieve self sufficiency.
The Municipality of Shelburne Recreation & Parks Department provides services that can assist your community in the following ways:
- Incorporation - register as a non-profit group
- Surrender of Certificate of Incorporation - dissolve a non-profit group
- Organizational Development to make your organization more effective and efficient - a workshop can be tailored to the needs of your group.
- Leadership Development - Food Handling, First Aid, National Coaching CertificationProgram, Fitness Leaders Training, etc.
- Recreation Activity Lending Library - books on many recreation, sport, and physical activity topics.
- Equipment Lending Library - SCAT (Shelburne County Active Team) Pak; Picnic Pak; GiantLawn Games; 10x 15 Canopy; Board Games, Velcro bannerwith Lettering, Megaphone, Tug-of -War Rope, LCD projector & laptop etc.
- Planning Assistance
- Fundraising Opportunities
- Small Community Recreation Grant Program
- Administration - posters, photocopies, lamination, binding, button making (limited basis with small fee charged)
- Recreation Development Recognition Awards through Recreation Nova Scotia (RNS)
- ETC. Determined through discussion with the Director of Recreation & Parks
|Monday to Friday 9am-4:30pm
|NS Trail Guide ; Recreation Categories ; Recreation Department ; South Shore Connect ; Summer Fun ; Summer Programs