|Record #: ARG0024||Last Modified: 27 Jul 2017||Last Full Update: 17 Jul 2014|
|Located in||Lower Argyle|
|Where To Find Us||
Camp Cove Wharf
Lower Argyle, NS
|Areas Served||Yarmouth County|
|Contact||Jill Surette; Phone: 902-740-3190; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Candice; Email: email@example.com|
|Description & Services|
The Argyle Abuptic Festival is a great way to spend time and have fun with family and friends.
TUESDAY, JULY 25
• ABUPTIC 9-HOLE GOLF SCRAMBLE:
$10/person (includes prize draw). Registration at 5:30 p.m. and shot gun start at 6 p.m. For all ages. To pre-register contact Mitchell DeWare at 902-740-4246 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WEDNESDAY, JULY 26
• BUD’S BBQ CHICKEN SUPPER: No reservations required. Take-out available $10/person 5:30 p.m. at Glenwood Hall.
• TRIVIA WITH CHRIS & CHARLENE: Prizes to be won. Team limit: 8 players. At 6:30 p.m. at Argyler Lodge. Contact Candice to register at 902-740-7432.
THURSDAY, JULY 27
• JON’S ABUPTIC BREAKFAST:
$6/person, 8-10 a.m. at Argyler Lodge
• ABUPTIC PARADE: Theme: ‘You know you’re Canadian when...’ 6 p.m. start at old Argyle School and ends at Spinney’s Garage. Contact Julia at 902-648-4094
• MEET & GREET: Camp Cove Wharf (after parade is done). Canteen, lobster boil and pie sale. Bring your own chair.
FRIDAY, JULY 28:
• KAYAKING IN LOBSTER BAY WITH MATT DELONG: (certified kayak instructor). $15/person. Register by calling Jill at 902-740-3190 before July 22. Limited spots available.
• SKEET SHOOT: 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Pit behind Aubrey Spinney’s. Contact Dane Nickerson at 902-746-4289.
• FISH FRY AT ARGYLER LODGE: Eat in or take out, 3-7 p.m.
• CAR RALLY SCAVENGER HUNT: Fun for all ages. Bring all of your family and friends. 6-8 p.m. Contact Darryl at 902-740-3261.
• FIREWORKS: Start at dusk from Nanny Island.
SATURDAY, JULY 29:
• ARGYLE ABUPTIC 5KM FUN RUN: Registration at 8 a.m.
• BALL GAME: Old fashioned fun for the whole family. 10 a.m. Drumlin School Ball Field
• CAMP COVE CHALLENGE. HOSTED BY ARGYLE RECREATION:
1:30 p.m. Camp Cove Wharf. Team activities testing knowledge and skill! All ages (Limited spots available).
• SAILBOAT RACES: 2 p.m. Camp Cove Wharf. Contact Gayland 902-643-2279.
• ABUPTIC CONCERT: Music, entertainment & prize draw. ‘Legend of Abuptic Award’ presentation. 7-8:30 p.m. Drumlin Heights
• KARAOKE & DJ AT THE ARGYLER: 9-12 p.m. $10 cover charge Dance the night away.
SUNDAY, JULY 30:
• SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP: 11 a.m.
All welcome to the Argyle Pubnico Baptist Church.
• FUN AND GAMES AT THE PARK: 2-4 p.m. at Glenwood Park. ‘2 in 1’ Castle Bouncy. Hamster Ball Interactive Game. 3 Lane Bungee Run. Cotton Candy and more.
• SERVICE IN THE ARGYLE HEAD HISTORICAL CHURCH: 6:30 p.m. All welcome.
ABUPTIC BALLOTS CONTEST:
Want to win an iPad or a One-night stay at Quarterdeck Beachside Villas & Grill?
Contest Rules: Each time you take part in any event on the Abuptic schedule, you will receive a ballot. Fill in your name and phone number and put it in the ballot box of the prize of your choice: the iPad mini or the One-night stay at Quarterdeck Beachside Villas & Grill.
Ballot Boxes will be at the Argyler Lodge during the festival. The draw will take place at the Abuptic Concert on Saturday night, July 29.
There is great food, entertainment and fun activities for your children. Parade theme for Canada 150 "You know you're Canadian when..." 2017 Abuptic festival Theme is "Abuptic is 30, Canada is 150"
|Dates||Annual Event held the end of July beginning of August. Please contact for exact dates!|
|Tags||Canada 150 ; Festivals/Events ; South Shore Connect ; Visual Arts ; Volunteer Opportunity|